Sunday, August 28, 2005

Last Couple of Weeks

Well, for the last couple of weeks I have been getting to know my fellow JETs. They are a pretty fun bunch of people. We've done beach parties, a gathering at my house and of course Karaoke. I had some big events happen like getting my satellite tv, a mobile phone, a car(mastered driving on the left), a bank account, insurance card, and a pension book. I guess I became a real person with a real life in Japan. We discovered a restuarant run by a former JET (who has settled here). It's an Indian place with out of this world red curry, which I can not tell what solice it brings me. I have eaten there once a week since discovering it. I have joined a small English theatre group. It looks like we are going to do the play Aresnic & Lace. I've also joined a gym and have been going steadly with a couple of friends. I can't find any yoga in the area so I am going to have to buy a tape. I got my first pay check or should I say pay cash, they gave me a great big envelope of cash! I'll get direct deposit for the next payment. My landlord continues to speak to me in Japanese and we oddly understand each other. He and his wife bought my these beautiful trays of sushi when they realized I had friends over. I returned their gift with a bag full of pears that I had picked. (I'll have those picks up soon.)
Tomorrow is my first day of school. I have been asked to give a speech in Japanese, which well it's going to be interesting. I have cut the speech down to the following four sentences: Minasan, Kon-nichiwa. Watashi no namae wa Margaret desu. America jin desu. Eigo no jikan minasan no otetsudai go dekiru kotowo tanoshimini shiteimasu, yoroshiku onegai shimasu.
Enjoy the pics!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new pix are great and it's fun to see you with your fellows JETS having a good time. Hope the first day of school went well. Can't wait to see pix of party at your house.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home