Into October
Hello, hello!
Wow, I can't believe it's October already. I've been here two full months! Teaching is going well. I look forward to my elementary school visits because the kids are so lovely and they still have sparkel in their eyes. The job is still challenging since I do not receive much guidence from my teachers. This week I sat through a day long speech contest. One of my kids was robbed of a title! Maybe next year!
A couple weeks ago I traveled to Osaka. We stayed in a capsule hotel, which I recommend doing once for one night in your life just to say you've done it, but if you don't do it you are not missing a thing! I got my fill of shopping, starbucks, and international food. I'll admit I was a bit homesick so I need to go back and explore the city again. There is suppose to be an increadible aquarium there. Of course I have always had foundness for aquariums, but since coming to Japan I have found myself some what addicted to the National Geographic Channel. Thus, I am ready for Japan to show me their animals. (saw a dear last night!) I know where to find the fish, now I need to locate some monkies!
Last weekend I went to Yonago to partake in a festival. Of course we through in a bit of karoake the night before! The festival was fun, we where foriegners on parade. I am now part of many local home videos and photos.
This week my friend Somie (she is a parent of one of my students) took me to an international festival. Where I discovered Tottori-ken has an exchange connection with Vermont. It was too bizzarre. I couldn't believe I was standing in the middle of Japan with a bunch of Vermonters. Life is funny I suppose!
I'm very busy here. I am now tutoring a very cute five years old girl, I am in a play which we will perform in January, I have another girl I am tutoring (she's 25 and helping me with my Japanese), plus I am taking formal Japanese lessons. I am very happy that I am busy. My life is forever developing here. Other good news is that there is yoga in Tottori city. I just have to translate the schedule.
Enjoy the photos!
Wow, I can't believe it's October already. I've been here two full months! Teaching is going well. I look forward to my elementary school visits because the kids are so lovely and they still have sparkel in their eyes. The job is still challenging since I do not receive much guidence from my teachers. This week I sat through a day long speech contest. One of my kids was robbed of a title! Maybe next year!
A couple weeks ago I traveled to Osaka. We stayed in a capsule hotel, which I recommend doing once for one night in your life just to say you've done it, but if you don't do it you are not missing a thing! I got my fill of shopping, starbucks, and international food. I'll admit I was a bit homesick so I need to go back and explore the city again. There is suppose to be an increadible aquarium there. Of course I have always had foundness for aquariums, but since coming to Japan I have found myself some what addicted to the National Geographic Channel. Thus, I am ready for Japan to show me their animals. (saw a dear last night!) I know where to find the fish, now I need to locate some monkies!
Last weekend I went to Yonago to partake in a festival. Of course we through in a bit of karoake the night before! The festival was fun, we where foriegners on parade. I am now part of many local home videos and photos.
This week my friend Somie (she is a parent of one of my students) took me to an international festival. Where I discovered Tottori-ken has an exchange connection with Vermont. It was too bizzarre. I couldn't believe I was standing in the middle of Japan with a bunch of Vermonters. Life is funny I suppose!
I'm very busy here. I am now tutoring a very cute five years old girl, I am in a play which we will perform in January, I have another girl I am tutoring (she's 25 and helping me with my Japanese), plus I am taking formal Japanese lessons. I am very happy that I am busy. My life is forever developing here. Other good news is that there is yoga in Tottori city. I just have to translate the schedule.
Enjoy the photos!

2 Comments:
So glad you found some Vermont in Japan, see it's a small world after all! The tutoring sounds great. We'll write soon. Take Care and lots of love.
Sounds like your life is really moving in the right direction. So many new and exciting things for you to do and learn.
Post a Comment
<< Home