Friday, December 02, 2005

Time is flying

Oh my gosh! It is December already! Turkey day past without much notice. We did have off on that Wednesday for a Labor Thanksgiving. I went with my play mates for some Indian food before we went to practice. There could have been much worse ways to spend it and I was thankful for good friends. They really have no idea what Turkey is here in Japan. I should them a picture and some teachers couldn't even come up with a word for the bird in Japanese. The temp turns ever colder and my house is like a cave. It is so bizarre to come home to a freezing and I mean freezing cold house. I am a little scared of what the bill is going to be... I do try to keep the heater on 65. I can't begin to talk about how stupid I think the kerosene heaters are although I can't stand to be in my kitchen without one. The dishes are piling up I tell you. Needless to say I am very grateful to have all my winter clothes and I've become a big fan of leg warmers! The pressures at school have not eased up. The elementary kids are still wonderful and everyone else drives me nuts! I was very proud that finally my one group of fifth graders mastered 1-100 I didn't think it was going to happen. My English dept. took me out for this awesome meal, finally some Japanese food I can rave about! In some ways I have no idea where November went, but it just went fast. Not making much progress on the Japanese language, but not giving up! There are a bunch of photos bellow so enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home