April Showers
April sailed right by. Work continued to be slooooooow. I won't actually have a full schedule till this week. It continued to rain everyday in April. Last week I think God flipped a switch and turned on 75 degree days. My dinner with my teachers went well. Although I guess they thought I wouldn't have food and they showed up 45 minutes early with food. It was a shakey start, but all was good at the end of the evening. I will forever find it strange that they invited themselves to my house in the first place. I did get to go to the fish market which was a really fun experience with Somei. The shrimp were so fresh they were jumping around still.
Oh, good news I only have to teach at five schools now. With a stable batch of students, which I think adds more value to my job. For my birthday I wanted to give my first year middle school students cupcakes, but alas I do not have an oven and they don't like sweets in school. Instead I brought popcorn and "Daddy Daycare." I figured I would give a present to myself not to teach and have the students here some "normal" English (win, win). All of the students that I have been teaching lately have been awesome. Makes me a bit sad to leave.
Somie introduced me to a dish called shabu-shabu a cousin to my favorite dish nabe.
Oh, good news I only have to teach at five schools now. With a stable batch of students, which I think adds more value to my job. For my birthday I wanted to give my first year middle school students cupcakes, but alas I do not have an oven and they don't like sweets in school. Instead I brought popcorn and "Daddy Daycare." I figured I would give a present to myself not to teach and have the students here some "normal" English (win, win). All of the students that I have been teaching lately have been awesome. Makes me a bit sad to leave.
Somie introduced me to a dish called shabu-shabu a cousin to my favorite dish nabe.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home